MitySOM-335X Development Kit Errata¶
The following Errata applies for the following serial numbers:
120765-120782, 120805, 120870, and 120873
All Items were shipped before May 1 2012
These issues are currently being investigated by Critical Link Engineering. For updates please visit http://support.criticallink.com/redmine/projects/am335x-devkit.
- There is an error in the environment setup script on early (before 4/20/2012) versions of the MitySOM-335X development kit SDK virtual machine configuration. The TI SDK was not installed correctly and the SDK_PATH is set incorrectly. This will cause issues trying to build with the toolchain. To correct this issue, comment out line 10 in /usr/local/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-05.03.02.00/linux-devkit/environment-setup like this.
Note: you will need to have root privilege to do this. The sudo command should be used to edit the file. If you are using vi, the command is
sudo vi /usr/local/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-05.03.02.00/linux-devkit/environment-setup.
- Some boards have intermittent issues communicating with U101 [ADS1000A Analog to Digital Converter]. The error is
tcI2CDevice::Open:ioctl:: Device or resource busy additionally, i2cdump reports root@mityarm-335x:~# i2cdump -y 1 0x48 w Error: Could not set address to 0x48: Device or resource busy
Other boards seem to be ok.
- Once you remove a device from the USB "A" port [J502], devices are no longer detected upon insertion. USB OTG port [J500] does not exhibit this issue. This is a known issue with the TI supplied USB driver.
[ See the TI release notes for the PSP http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/AM335x-PSP_04.06.00.03_Release_Notes ]
See http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/UsbgeneralpageLinux-v3p1#Device_removal_from_and_reconnect_to_MUSB_OTG_port for the work around
- The analog input circuit s (via J900) should not be used at this time.
- The video decode demos do not run because of a hostname change. The tar file at http://support.criticallink.com/redmine/attachments/download/1509/am335x_video_demo_patch.tgz
contains corrected scripts. cd to / and tar xvzf the file to update the scripts in /usr/bin
-rwxr-xr-x root/root 635 2012-04-25 07:47 usr/bin/runAACDec.sh -rwxr-xr-x root/root 1041 2012-04-25 07:47 usr/bin/runH264Dec.sh -rwxr-xr-x root/root 944 2012-04-25 07:47 usr/bin/runMpeg2Dec.sh -rwxr-xr-x root/root 1219 2012-04-25 07:47 usr/bin/runMpeg4AacDec.sh -rwxr-xr-x root/root 940 2012-04-25 07:47 usr/bin/runMpeg4Dec.sh -rwxr-xr-x root/root 1865 2012-04-25 07:47 usr/bin/runOpLimitedReport.sh -rwxr-xr-x root/root 1807 2012-04-25 07:47 usr/bin/runOpLongReport.sh -rwxr-xr-x root/root 1802 2012-04-25 07:47 usr/bin/runOpSimpleReport.sh
- The Graphics development kit (v 4.05.00.03 is included with the VM image, but not installed). To install it you will need to do the following:
- sudo chmod +x /usr/local/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-05.03.02.00/Graphics_SDK_setuplinux_4_05_00_03.bin
- The RS-232 expansion card revision 1 (80-000450RI-1) DB-9 pin 5 ground is not connected. This may affect users where the far end of the serial link is on a different ground reference. Most users should not notice a problem. As a workaround, a solder bridge can be made from pin 5 to the surrounding ground pour on the circuit board.
Go to top