This page documents the firmware revisions of the MityCAM-3U5MGXS camera firmware. Currently, the same firmware is loaded on all cameras with the 3U5MGXS sensor, regardless of capability (Mono, Color, RGBIR).
In general, Critical Link does not recommend upgrading firmware unless there is a specific feature that has been added or performance issue resolved that you require. Failure to install compatible firmware or to properly follow the installation procedure may leave the camera in an unusable state and may possibly damage the unit. If you unsure or have any questions about the upgrade, please contact your Critical Link representative prior to starting the upgrade procedure.
Firmware Update instructions:
- Copy the update
.runfile to your local filesystem.
- Connect the USB 2.0 cable https://media.digikey.com/photos/Qualtek%20Photos/3021009-06.JPG to the camera, connect it to your PC and power on the camera. Wait about 60 seconds for the camera to boot.
- Open a web browser and enter http://10.1.47.2/index.py in the address bar
- You should see a "MityCAM Maintenance Page" note the value listed for "Build Info" under the Camera Information section.
- At the bottom of the page, select "Browse" or "Choose File" in the Firmware Upgrade section and select the correct
- Click "Upload"
- The status screen displays the progress of the upgrade. Note that you may see "Upgrade Failed" messages for components that do not need to be upgraded.
- Please cycle on the camera after the upgrade is complete.
- After the camera has rebooted, return to http://10.1.47.2/index.py and verify that the "Build Info" has changed.
The following toolchain was used to build the firmware.
- FPGA built with Quartus Prime PRO 18.1
- ARM software built with gcc 7.3.0 ARM toolchain
- Changing to the Dynamic Range Exposure Mode reduces the current frame rate if it is above the maximum value. Previously the framerate would exceed the maximum framerate value.
- Fixed error where the ROI offsets would go negative if VSKIP was reduced.