Project

General

Problem adding a package to LucidLynx Ubuntu Image

Added by Rich Bagdazian over 6 years ago

I've been trying to install doxygen into my Ubuntu image using the package manager
and it keeps giving me this error message even though I have an iso disk image of the LucidLynx 10.04 LTS release mounted on my virtual cdrom drive:

Please insert the disk labeled:
Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS Lucid Lynx - Release i386 (20120214)
in drive /cdrom/

Can you provide some direction here? Is there another iso image with a differently labeled disk that I should be using? My iso image disk label differs slightly from the name reported in the error message, but it is still a LucidLynx iso image.

Thanks,
Rich

Replies (3)

RE: Problem adding a package to LucidLynx Ubuntu Image - Added by Rich Bagdazian over 6 years ago

Hi Jonathan,
I didn't intentionally want to upgrade from the cd, but the system seems to be insistent on looking for something on the CD.
Here is what I tried initially:

sudo apt-get install doxygen

This appeared to begin to work by downloading a file or two, then it asked me to install the cd rom, which I mounted, and then still got that error I posted in the previous message.
Any suggestions?

RE: Problem adding a package to LucidLynx Ubuntu Image - Added by Jonathan Cormier over 6 years ago

Ahh. Have you run sudo apt-get update?

You can remove the cd from the software sources by opening the software center and edit->software sources. Then uncheck Cdrom

(1-3/3)
    Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 500 MB)