Booting Win CE from SD Card¶
Make sure the Dev Kit (or other carrier board) is set to boot from the SD card. On the dev kit this is done by using the following jumper setting for the "Boot Config" headers [0 to 11]: 000100000000
1) Insert a Win EC7 configured SD card (Flashing EBoot and OS Files to SD Card) into the MitySOM-335x Development carrier board
2) Connect the HDMI/DVI cable to a supported display.
3) Connect a NULL modem serial cable to the J507 DB9 connector and to your computer.
4) Open a HyperTerminal (or TeraTerm) connection to the COM port connected to the device.
5) Set the port's settings to a baud of 115200 with no flow control, no parity and 8 bits.
6) Turn on the board.
7) In the Console window, press space when it asks to break into the bootloader menu (5 seconds).
8) Press  to enter the boot device menu.
9) Press  to boot from SD card.
10) Press  to enter the network menu.
11) Press  and disable KITL if it isn't already.
12) Press  and enable OAL messages if they aren't already.
13) Press  and save these settings.
Note that currently the settings are not saved and need to be configured on each boot cycle, this will be addressed shortly
13) Press  to boot the board
Within 5 to 10 seconds you should see the Windows EC7 Desktop shown on your monitor. If you see a series of horizontal and vertical lines than it is likely that your configuration settings are not correct.
Go to top