Mounting and Mechanical Supports¶
Mounting Hole Location¶
The image below shows the dimensions needed to accurately place the mounting holes on your carrier board if you intend to use extra mechanical support to hold the module down. Note that these dimensions are in reference to the center of Pin 1 of the connector PCB footprint.
Section 5.3 of the "MitySOM-335x Carrier Board Design Guide" contains informational text about both mounting hole locations as well as recommended mounting hardware. However here is the current breakdown of the hardware that is suggested from that document and pricing from McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com).
1) Qty. 1, Standoff, 4-40, M-F, P/N: 93505A101; Price = $0.44 ea
2) Qty. 1, Screw, 4-40 x 1/4", P/N: 90272A106; Price = $1.36/100
3) Qty. 1, Washer, Flat, No. 4, P/N: 90126A505; Price = $1.09/100
4) Qty. 2, Washer, Lock, No. 4, P/N: 91102A720; Price = $0.64/100
5) Qty. 1, Nut, 4-40, P/N: 90480A005; Price = $0.81/100
Mounting Hardware Installation Order¶
As follows (top down):
Carrier Board PCB
Go to top