Programming the eMMC Through U-Boot¶
This guide describes how to use the A10 Development board to program the eMMC using an the development SD card, with an extra ext2 partition to hold the eMMC image.
- Plug in the SD card with your image file and make sure the boot media switch is set to uSD.
- Turn on power to the board and when you see the U-Boot countdown ('Hit any key to stop autoboot'), hit a key to break into U-Boot.
- Execute the following commands:
ext2load mmc 0:<image-file-partition-number> 0x2000000 <path-to-image-file>
For example, if the image file were named
A10S-P8-A5E-RC-SB.imgand in the root of the fourth partition, the above command would be
ext2load mmc 0:4 0x2000000 A10S-P8-A5E-RC-SB.img
- Switch the boot media switch to eMMC, while keeping the power on, and execute the following commands:
mmc rescan mmc write 0x2000000 0x0 0x200000
0x200000 is the size of the image in blocks (512byte, with an image size of 1GB)
- To boot from eMMC now, leave the boot media switch on eMMC and execute the command:
Go to top